Pursuant to the Supreme Court En Banc Decision promulgated on Dec. 18, 2008 and Feb. 15, 2011, the DILG shall direct all concerned LGUs (5 provinces, 1 HUC and 94 cities/municipalities to clean-up, rehabilitate and preserve the Manila Bay and all connected rivers and waterways that eventually exit to the bay. Specifically, DILG is tasked to:
- Monitor and provide TA to sustain and improve compliance of all LGUs in Regions III within the Manila Bay watershed area and submission of the following:
- 5-Year Action Plan of LGUs on Compliance of Non-complying Establishments and Homes.
- List of names and addresses or offices of the owners of non-complying establishments and homes; and
- List of names and addresses of informal settlers who own or occupy house, structures, constructions and other encroachments, along waterways.
- Monitor LGU Compliance along Manila Bay area to the regulations governing Solid Waste Management of LGUs in Manila Bay watershed areas outside Metro Manila, particularly on the following:
a) 10-year Solid Waste Management Plan,
b) Segregation at source,
c) Segregated collection,
d) Composted, recycled and reused (MRF),
e) Disposed residual waste in approved disposal site
- Initiate clean-up drive activities of LGUs
- Assist BLGS in the conduct of fact-finding of non-compliant LGUs